- EPA Wetlands –
This EPA site answers the questions: What are wetlands? Why protect wetlands? How are wetlands protected? And it explains what you can do to protect this vital resource.
- Wetland 101 – http://www.wetland.org/education_wetland101.htm
Take the free online course to learn all about wetlands, then test yourself with the quiz.
- NatureWorks Wetlands – http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/nwep7e.htm
Not all wetlands are the same. Learn about particular ecosystems such as bogs, fens, pocasins, prarie potholes, vernal ponds, marshes, and more.
- WATERSHEDSS Information on Wetlands – http://www.water.ncsu.edu/watershedss/info/wetlands/index.html
Developed by the North Carolina State University WATERSHEDSS (Water, Soil and Hydro-Environmental Decision Support System) program, this web site classifies wetlands, describes their role in the environment, and explains the various state and federal laws that protect them.
- Dialogue for Kids: Wetlands –
This public television program web site provides wetland information and a 29 minute video.
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Boardwalk Tour – http://www.corkscrewsanctuary.org/Visit/VirtualTour/introduction.html
This photo tour will introduce you to each of the habitats along the boardwalk at Corkscrew Swamp in southern Florida—pine flatwood, wet prairie, pond cypress, marsh, lettuce lakes, and bald cypress forest—and give you a small sampling of some of the sights you might see along the way.
Copyright © 2008 Missouri